Looking for a kerosene supplier?
Cooke Fuels is one of the UK’s most trusted suppliers of kerosene. With our enormous buying power and years of experience in the industry, we’re able to get you the best price for the kerosene you require.
Here’s why you should trust us with your next kerosene order:
- Delivery to any location in the UK
- Supplies in quantities of 500 to 36,000+ litres available
- A dedicated account manager will take care of your order from start to finish
- Emergency same-day / next day deliveries available
Our team is available to help you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Ready to place an order? Call us on 01282 925040 to discuss your requirements.
A brief guide to Kerosene
What is kerosene?
Kerosene is a combustible hydrocarbon oil which is used as a heating fuel in domestic and commercial premises. Kerosene has a plethora of uses, including heating, cleaning and lighting. The term ‘kerosene’ was trademarked by the North American Gas Light Company in 1854. This meant they were the only firm allowed to use the term commercially. It has since been given a general trademark and can be used by anybody.
What is kerosene used for?
Kerosene is used for a wide range of applications including lighting, heating, cleaning and entertainment. In the UK, kerosene is primarily used to heat homes and commercial premises requiring low sulphur burning oil. Its clean-burn characteristics uphold a high heat production at cheaper prices. This makes it perfect for heating oil.
Facts about kerosene:
- It is widely known as heating oil and paraffin in the UK.
- As well as being used to heat your home, kerosene oil is used to fuel jet-engine aeroplanes and as a cleaning agent or solvent.
- To avoid being confused with similar fuels and oils, you will normally see kerosene fuel stored in a blue container.
- Before the widespread adoption of electricity, kerosene was used in lamps as a source of fuel for light.