At Cooke Fuels, we’ve been providing fuel and lubricant products and services for nearly 170 years. Our secret to such longstanding success? It’s simple. We pride ourselves on our customer-focused values. Whether you’re a domestic or commercial client, we’ll always endeavor to be as flexible as possible in order to meet your needs.
Friendly, flexible, consistently reliable service. It’s what keeps our customers coming back, year after year, decade after decade.
A Cooke Fuels timeline
Here’s how Cooke Fuels has evolved from humble beginnings in North East Lancashire to being one of the UK’s major fuel suppliers.
- In 1845, Richard and James Thomas established a business to supply lubricants to the Lancashire weaving industry.
- 1868 saw the entrance of Samuel Cooke to the company, whose excellent business acumen took the company to new heights as a fuel and home heating oil provider. As a result of this, the company is renamed Samuel Cooke and Co.
- In 1992, the first Cooke Fuels petrol station is purchased, based in Accrington, Lancashire – a huge step for the business!
- In 2005, Cooke Fuels celebrates its 160th anniversary.
- For the 2009/10 football season, Cooke becomes the main sponsor of Burnley FC. As an independent business with close ties to our locality, this is an achievement we’re really proud of. Especially with the global exposure we received as Burnley went head to head against premier league teams with our logo on their shirt.
- In order to provide a bigger and better service to customers nationwide, Cooke Fuels entered into a partnership with the Crown Oil Group in 2012.
- To this day, we’re still providing the friendly, reliable service that made us a success over 170 years ago.
Why Choose Cooke Fuels?
- We’re available to arrange deliveries 24/7, 365 days a year
- As one of the UK’s longest established fuel distributors, you can be certain you’re buying the best products available at prices that reflect the world marketplace
- Our delivery times are consistently superb; you can always expect supplies to be delivered within 48 hours, but 92% are completed within a day
- Emergency same day / next day deliveries are always available
- Our service is flexible – we’ll always endeavor to provide a fuel and lubricant solution to suit your budget and schedule
- A free fuel management service is available upon request for customers who don’t want the hassle of having to manage future fuel deliveries
- You’ll be assigned your own dedicated account manager to take care of your order from start to finish