Here at Cooke Fuels, we can supply the ideal oil tanks for you. Our oil storage is available at competitive prices and we offer technical help whenever you need it.
Want to find out more about our oil storage services? Then give us a quick call on 01282 775431 and we will give you all the information you need.
Top Quality Oil Tanks
We offer the very best oil tanks to help you keep your fuel supply completely safe and secure. We offer tanks in a variety of different sizes so you can keep your entire fuel supply in good condition.
We have a wide range of tanks available for purchase or rent. These include:
- Plastic fuel tanks
- Steel fuel tanks
- Bunded fuel tanks
- Bunded oil dispensing units
- Movable bowsers
Plastic Fuel Tanks You Can Rely On
- Our plastic fuel tanks are top of the range and are built to last a long time.
- With these tanks, you don’t have to worry about erosion or corrosion ever again.
- You can install these tanks easily and they don’t require regular maintenance.
Strong Steel Fuel Tanks
Our steel fuel tanks are built to handle the toughest conditions. They’re also nice and easy to keep secure, which is very important if you want to keep your steel fuel tanks in an open area.
Our Range of Oil Tank Accessories
Not only can you purchase a high-quality tank from us, but you can also get some useful accessories to go with it. These include:
- Lockable lids
- Entry points for forklifts
- Ladder stays
- Lugs for cranes
Fuel Storage Regulations
If you are planning on storing your fuel supply at either your home or your place of business, then it is important that you follow government regulations. If you don’t then you could receive a notice from the Environmental Agency or even incur a fine.
Home Oil Storage Regulations
If you are storing oil at your home, then you will have to meet building regulations. When your tank is installed, we will perform a risk assessment to see if you require a secondary containment to avoid any leaks. You will require this if your tank is:
- Within a 50-metre radius of a drinkable water source.
- Within a 10-metre radius of lakes, streams, or coastal waters.
- If your tank is capable of holding 2,500 litres of fuel.
If your storage is able to hold 3,501 litres or more of fuel, then you will have to follow the rules and regulations for businesses.
Business Oil Storage Regulations
You have to follow business regulations if you are storing 201 litres or more on your site. These rules apply to the vast majority of fuels.
If you have an agricultural business, then you will have to follow the same regulations as homeowners. You also don’t have to follow the business regulations if:
- Your storage containers are underground.
- The fuel is stored ready for distribution to other locations.
For more information, check out the HMRC guidelines to make sure you meet the regulations for storing oil at your home and place of business.
How Can I Protect My Oil Tanks?
If you have just purchased a new tank, the last thing you need is to be worrying about the risk of theft. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to help keep your oil supply completely safe and secure.
- Fit A Lock: Purchase a suitable lock for your tank. Just the sight of this will act as a deterred against thieves. An alarmed lock or a combination padlock are good options for a tank.
- Keep It Out of Sight: If you can, try and keep your fuel tank out of sight from passers-by, whether they be pedestrians or commuters. Try planting trees or bushes so then your tank is not visible from public roads or pathways.
- Join A Community Watch: Just the presence of a community watch scheme can act as an effective deterrent. If there isn’t one in your area, you can always create your own.
- Put Up a Sign: Put a sticker on your tank or put up a small sign next to it informing people that your tank is locked.
- Keep Your Property Secured: Regardless of whether you are keeping your tank at your home or place of business, you should try and keep the property secure. Make sure you use whatever security measures you have to full effect to make sure no one is able to get access to your property.
What Else Can I Store in My Tanks?
There are a wide range of fuels and other products that you can store in your own tank, such as:
Why Should I Choose Cooke Fuels for My Fuel Tanks?
- We have been providing a high-quality service to people across the UK for over 70 years.
- Whenever you order fuel from us, we will get it to you within 48 hours. This is regardless of where you are based in the UK.
- Do you desperately need fuel? We can deliver what you need within 24 hours with our emergency delivery service.
Want to purchase oil tanks from a supplier you know you can rely on? Then give us a call on 01282 775431 and we can process your order today!