This blog post will offer you information about the benefits of having your boiler serviced on a regular basis. A boiler service is vital if you’ve just moved into a new house, you need to make sure the existing boiler is working as it should.
Benefits of Having a Boiler Service
The price of servicing your boiler can put many people off but if you take a look at the benefits you will see they outweigh the cost.
- Make savings on repairs – If your boiler breaks down in the middle of winter you will have to pay an engineer and emergency call-out fee to repair it. Having it serviced on an annual basis will prevent it from breaking down in the first place and you save money. All small problems should be checked as they can often escalate into bigger problems.
- A boiler service can save your life – Carbon monoxide poisoning is a worry for everyone and an annual boiler service will spot a potential leak before it occurs.
- Decrease your oil bills – An engineer will be able to tell you how to run your boiler in the most efficient manner so you’re not wasting fuel. With fuel prices constantly rising, this could reduce your fuel buying frequency.
- A service can ensure your insurance cover is binding – For some insurance policies a regular boiler service is required for any claims to be valid.
- Stay lawful – Anyone that rents a property has a legal obligation to ensure the boiler is regularly serviced.
Exactly How Much Does It Cost To Service An Oil-Fired Boiler?
The brand of your boiler and the area you live in will play a role in determining the cost of a boiler service. For some people an oil-fired boiler is their only option as they don’t have access to the gas mains, normally homes based in rural areas.
Keep up-to-date with all the latest news from Cooke Fuels by liking our Facebook page.